Cultural Training Program
Cultural Training Facilitator
Draft Programme for Treaty Workshops
Our own Identity
- Something about our names?
- How have we been shaped?
Understanding our history - The Why
- Exploring our own history
- History of Takapuneke (Waitangi in the South)
- Whakapapa of the treaty
Treaty of Waitangi
- The signing of the Treaty
- Exploring the Treaty - Who Kept? Who Gave?
- Relationships between Crown and Iwi
Engaging with Maori Communities
- Understanding Maori values, processes and protocols
- Understanding equity
- How can we include values and processes into our daily work?
- How can we do things differently?
- Developing a change plan
- One Workshop per month, 9am - 3pm
- Four Workshops a year
- Followed by a Wananga at Onuku Marae
Our team of facilitators and trainers have a combine expertise of over 100 years. They will be able to engage your children and motiveate your board members.